March has arrived and my brain instantly shifts to Spring Cleaning! Everything gets an extra dose of clean in my home, the car, and all of my digital devices.
- Dust bunnies get chased out from their computer cord hiding places behind furniture. I bought a handheld dust buster for the first time last month and it was a dust bunny slaughter in my home those first couple of days, LOL!
- Wire Management is next. After wiping down all the cords it’s time to gently wrap any that are too long for the space. Keep them from getting tangled up and collecting dust bunnies. I use a simple mix of 1/2 cup of white vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and a drop or two of dish soap in a small spray bottle which I spray on the rag and wipe the cords clean.
- Clean your keyboards. Using the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning instructions make sure you clean your keyboards, too. This is the surface that is probably the dirtiest as we touch so many different surfaces with our hands.
- Clean your screens. Most of my devices come with a microfiber cloth to clean the screens. Gently wipe the smudges off and you’ll be able to see your work better. Wasting time photo editing a spot off an image only to realize it is dirt on your screen means it’s time to deep clean all your devices.
- Don’t forget to clean your ear buds, too!
We have a surprisingly large number of digital devices to clean so pace yourself this week, do a couple each day, going room by room as you work on spring cleaning the rest of your home.
Book Launch Party!
Chat with the author about how to tackle digital decluttering and how to maintain that organization.
Click to go to the FB invite; Digital Declutter Book Launch, and a ZOOM link will be sent out before the event on Sat, March 13 @6PM Japan Time, 9AM London.